You must show your motor insurance certificate to a police officer if they request it. You may also need to show your insurance certificate to other people, such as if you are involved in an accident or if you are hiring a car.
Here are some specific situations where you may be asked to show your motor insurance certificate:
- When you are stopped by a police officer
- When you are involved in an accident
- When you are hiring a car
- When you are renewing your vehicle registration
- When you are selling or buying a car
- When you are making a claim on your motor insurance policy
It is important to keep your motor insurance certificate in your car at all times so that you can show it to someone if they request it. If you cannot show your insurance certificate, you may be fined by the police.