It can be difficult to get insurance to cover a blown motor, but there are a few things you can do to try.
- Understand your policy. The first step is to understand your car insurance policy. Read your policy carefully to see what types of coverage you have. Most policies will cover damage caused by accidents, theft, and vandalism, but they may not cover mechanical failures like a blown engine.
- Contact your insurance company. If your engine blows, contact your insurance company as soon as possible. They will be able to tell you whether or not your policy covers blown engines. If your policy does cover it, they will start the claims process.
- Provide documentation. In order to file a claim, you will need to provide documentation of the damage to your car. This may include a repair estimate from a mechanic, as well as any other relevant documentation, such as a police report if the engine blew as a result of an accident.
- Negotiate with your insurance company. If your insurance company denies your claim, you may be able to negotiate with them to get them to cover the repairs. Be prepared to explain why you believe that your policy should cover blown engines. You may also want to consider filing a complaint with your state’s insurance commissioner.
Here are some additional tips for getting your insurance company to cover a blown motor:
- Be polite and professional when dealing with your insurance company.
- Be prepared to provide all of the requested documentation.
- Be persistent. Don’t give up if your insurance company initially denies your claim.
If you are unable to get your insurance company to cover a blown motor, you may need to pay for repairs out of pocket. However, there are a few other options you may want to consider:
- Extended warranty: If your car is still under warranty, you may be able to get the engine repaired or replaced for free.
- Mechanical breakdown insurance: This type of insurance covers mechanical failures, including blown engines. However, it is important to note that mechanical breakdown insurance can be expensive.
- Loan: If you can’t afford to pay for repairs out of pocket, you may be able to take out a loan. However, keep in mind that you will need to repay the loan with interest.
Blowing a car’s engine can be a stressful and expensive experience. However, by understanding your policy and taking the necessary steps, you may be able to get your insurance company to cover the repairs.