How much uninsured motorist coverage do you have to carry in MO?

 The minimum amount of uninsured motorist (UM) coverage you are required to carry in Missouri is $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. However, it is important to note that these are just the minimum requirements. It is generally recommended that you have at least as much UM coverage as you have bodily injury liability coverage.

For example, if you have $100,000 in bodily injury liability coverage, then you should also have $100,000 in UM coverage. This will ensure that you have enough coverage to pay for your expenses if you are injured in an accident by an uninsured or underinsured driver.

How much UM coverage you need will depend on your individual circumstances. However, here are some factors to consider when deciding how much UM coverage to purchase:

* The cost of living in your area
* The amount of debt you have
* The number of people who depend on you financially
* Your net worth

If you are unsure how much UM coverage you need, you should speak to your insurance agent. They can help you assess your needs and recommend the right amount of coverage for you.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind about UM coverage in Missouri:

* UM coverage is not required in Missouri for motorcycles or commercial vehicles.
* UM coverage can cover a wide range of expenses, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage.
* You can file a UM claim even if you are at fault for the accident.
* You must file a UM claim with your own insurance company, even if you were injured by a driver from another state.


UM coverage is an important type of auto insurance that can protect you financially if you are injured in an accident by an uninsured or underinsured driver. If you do not already have UM coverage, you should consider purchasing it from your auto insurance company.







Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *