The average cost of motorcycle insurance in the United States is $721 per year, or $60 per month. However, the cost of motorcycle insurance can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age: Younger riders typically pay more for motorcycle insurance than older riders.
- Your driving record: Riders with a clean driving record will typically pay less for motorcycle insurance than riders with a history of accidents or traffic violations.
- The type of motorcycle you ride: Sportbikes and other high-performance motorcycles are typically more expensive to insure than cruisers and other touring motorcycles.
- Where you live: Motorcycle insurance rates vary from state to state. Riders in states with a high number of motorcycle accidents and thefts typically pay more for motorcycle insurance.
In addition to these factors, the cost of motorcycle insurance can also be affected by the amount of coverage you choose. For example, a policy with comprehensive and collision coverage will be more expensive than a policy with just liability coverage.
Here are some tips for finding affordable motorcycle insurance:
- Shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Consider raising your deductible. A higher deductible will lower your monthly premium, but it will also mean that you have to pay more out of pocket if you file a claim.
- Take advantage of any discounts that may be available. Many insurance companies offer discounts for things like having a good driving record, completing a motorcycle safety course, or bundling your motorcycle insurance with other policies, such as home or auto insurance.
How to get a motorcycle insurance quote
The best way to get a motorcycle insurance quote is to contact an insurance company or agent. They will be able to ask you the necessary questions to get an accurate quote. You can also get quotes online from many insurance companies.
When getting a motorcycle insurance quote, be sure to provide accurate information about yourself, your motorcycle, and your driving record. This will help you to get the most accurate quote possible.