The cost of motor scooter insurance varies depending on a number of factors, including:
- The make and model of your scooter
- Your age
- Your driving history
- Your location
- The type of coverage you choose
According to a study by the Insurance Information Institute, the average cost of scooter insurance in the United States is $50.10 per month for basic coverage and $115.78 per month for enhanced coverage.
Here are some tips for saving money on scooter insurance:
- Shop around and compare quotes from different insurance companies.
- Take a motorcycle safety course.
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Choose a higher deductible.
- Bundle your scooter insurance with other policies, such as homeowners or car insurance.
If you are looking for a more affordable option, you may consider liability-only coverage. This type of coverage only covers damage to other people’s property and injuries in the event of an accident. However, it does not cover damage to your own scooter.
If you want more comprehensive coverage, you may want to consider collision and comprehensive coverage. Collision coverage pays for damage to your own scooter in the event of an accident, while comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your scooter caused by theft, vandalism, or other non-collision events.
Ultimately, the best way to determine how much your scooter insurance will cost is to get quotes from several different insurance companies.