Have you ever wondered if you can keep your Kaiser insurance when you don’t have employer-sponsored coverage? Let’s find out how! 😊
Options to Continue Kaiser Insurance 🛡️
Yes, you can continue Kaiser insurance without employer-sponsored coverage. Here are some ways to do it:
- Purchase a Kaiser Permanente Individual or Family Plan: You can buy a plan that suits your needs and budget through the Kaiser Permanente website or by calling their customer service.
- Enroll in Medicaid: If you meet income and eligibility requirements, you may qualify for Medicaid, a government health insurance program for low-income individuals and families.
- Enroll in Medicare: If you’re 65 or older or have a qualifying disability, you may be eligible for Medicare, a federal insurance program.
If you’re currently in Kaiser Permanente through your job, contact their customer service to explore your options after leaving your job. Kaiser Permanente may offer individual or family plans or enrollment in Medicaid or Medicare.
Things to Consider 🤔
Here are some extra things to keep in mind:
- If you have a Kaiser Permanente HMO plan, you’ll need to choose an HMO plan for individual or family coverage. Switching to a PPO plan requires special circumstances.
- If you have a Kaiser Permanente PPO plan, you can purchase an individual or family PPO plan without special qualifications.
- If you’re eligible for Medicaid or Medicare, you can enroll anytime.
Now you know that you can continue Kaiser insurance even without employer-sponsored coverage. Kaiser Permanente offers various options to ensure you have the healthcare coverage you need. If you have questions about continuing your insurance, don’t hesitate to reach out to their customer service. They’re here to help! 😊